Thursday, September 14, 2006

Yummy

I thought I'd share a great recipe - I had a turkey one in mind since turkey is on sale this week at Alberston's for a buck a pound, but maybe I'll do that one later. In the meantime, here is one I got online for Chicken Cannelloni. It is supposed to taste like the dish from Macaroni Grill. I ended up making it as a lasagna since I didn't have the pasta they called for. We had friends over that night and a week or so later they actually ate the same thing at the MG and said that mine tasted better!

Filling:
  • 8 oz. chicken breast (about 2), cooked
  • 1 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
  • 1 oz. sundried tomatoes
  • 16 oz. ricotta cheese
  • 3 oz. mozarella, shredded
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 12 lasagna noodles 5 x 6" sheets

Sauce:

  • 16 oz Asiago sauce
  • 16 oz tomato based pasta sauce
  • 3 oz parmesan, grated

Once the chicken is cooked, cool to 45 degrees. Dice into 1/2" pieces and place in a large bowl. Add filling stuff and mix.

Arrange pasta sheets on cutting board and place 2 or 3 rounded Tbs of filling down center and roll up. Place into baking dish. Mix sauces and pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese.

Cover and bake at 350 for 20 min.
Remove foil, cook 20 more min. or until temp reaches 165 degrees.
Garnish with tomatoe and basil.

Serves 6.

I have to say I ended up with a lot of changes b/c I had nothing I needed. I already mentioned that I had to make it a lasagna, since I didn't have the sheets or actual canneloni. I also used a whole pkg of frozen spinach since I didn't have fresh. I used cottage cheese I needed to get rid of instead of ricotta, I used a jar of alfredo and I had no red sauce so I subbed 2 cans of tomato sauce and a jar of diced tomatoes and added Italian seasoning. :) But it tasted great!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails