Monday, May 05, 2008

2 months


The attempt here was to show you her numbers on the scale - but the lighting/flash made that impossible - so here she is! And you can almost see the weight, she's at 10lb 3.2oz right now. She's 23" long and her head circumference is 38 cm. That puts her into the 39% for weight, 80% for height and 36% for head. Those are the unadjusted numbers (check her other dr. appt. post is you don't know what I'm talking about). Ajusted, she's ninety-kajillionth for height and I think 80th for weight. To compare, she was 15% for weight last time and now she's 39%. For height she was 67% last time and now she's 80%. So she's not just maintaining her %iles she's gaining. Soon she'll be a 90/50% for height and weight just like the others. Go Lauren!

This was her first visit where she received shots. She's not a fan. She had tons! There was an oral rotovirus vaccine (new since I last had a baby), the DPT shot (Diptheria, Pertussis and Tetanus -I think- which I was lucky enough to receive at my 6wk visit - that puppy hurts for days), HIB (Haemophilus Influenza B - causes infantile meningitis), PNUcn (Pneumococcal conjugate), Hepatitis B, and Polio vaccines. That poor girl slept for 2 1/2 days! She didn't get back to "normal" until Sunday night - when she ate every hour and a half to make up for her hibernation.

We mentioned our concern to our doctor that some nights she didn't sleep any longer at night than she did in the day and he asked us if perhaps she might have reflux. Gosh - I don't know! He asked if she seemed uncomfortable after eating, made faces, stuck out her tongue, and curled into a c-shape. Um - yeah? Like when a baby needs to burp? What baby doesn't do that? But just as a trial we are giving her Zantac to see if she seems more comfortable and is able to sleep longer. We are still waiting to see. She slept so much in the days after her appoiontment that we haven't had a nice normal day to evaluate yet. We've also started giving her some vitamins to make sure she's getting enough vitamin D. Breastfed babies often don't (since, unlike the milk we drink, I am not "Vitamin A + D fortified"). I have to say that she likes the vitamins much more than she likes the Zantac. The Zantac is peppermint flavored, which Rick says he doesn't like. He says it tastes like Pepto Bismol - which he doesn't like. I don't mind it, but it's looking like Lauren is taking after Rick here.

As far as milestones go - that day that she rolled over and we posted the video was the only day she rolled over until Sunday. Then she did it again for Rick. Other than that she continues to work on smiling and cooing.

And I know you'll all disagree with me - because everyone says she looks just like Nathan - but I'm telling you I think she looks just like me when I was a baby! Her eyes and nose have been slightly "Rick-ified" but the general shape is mine I think. And the head shape, chubby face is spot on! Maybe there is hope that she won't have short legs and will be able to fit in outfits! I'm excited to see! Her eyes are definitely on the blue side. I think I can rule out brown anyway. Her sleeping seems to be erratic, but she's pulled off a few 4 and 5 hours stretches some nights so we are optimistic that we'll be getting more sleep. Strictly biologically babies should be able to sleep through the night when they hit 11 pounds. She's getting rolls on her (as you can see above) and we are excited to see what she'll do next!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails