Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Getting some decorating done!

I have wanted some pictures on the kids' room wall ever since they've been in together and we had to take down Ashlyn's cute girly decorations. I bought these frames a LONG time ago and have just been meaning to take the time to paint them and get some pictures in them. Well I finally finished today!


I wanted one of the kids being "lovey" so that they can be inspired and reminded how lucky they are to have each other! Then I picked one of our family pictures from the fall photo shoot with Meredith. So now they can remember that they have a fabulous family that loves them!
I was so good when we sent out the copies for the family and I picked out the picture that made the kids look good. Now I am being selfish and picking the one that makes Mama look good! :) Not that the kiddos could ever look bad of course!

Just last year I bought a few things after Valentine's Day to decorate a little bit. It's not that the holiday is a very major one, but I love to have reminders all around the house to celebrate the love we have as a family. I realize just how lucky we are that we all like each other and I am grateful to have an official day when we can be prompted to remember all the reasons why we chose to be a family! I love the opportunity to have a reason (not that we should need one) to share with my family via Family Home Evenings and notes and the environment of our home how much I love and am grateful for them. Anyway - this year I decided to make a crafty thing to complete my decorations. (Or at least I'm not going to buy anything else in the near future - I doubt I'll ever be done "decorating"!) I copied it from Heather's blog - I'm a really great copier! (Not so much with the original ideas!) I love it! I have another board that I'll hang from that wreath holder during the rest of the year that I LOVE! But you'll have to wait until our Love Fest is over at the end of the month to see that one!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Love, love the pictures and the crafts!!! You are good, come decorate my house :)

Hope you are feeling okay
talk to you later

SJacobus said...

This is such a great blog. I love the tone you set on here and I'm sure in your home. Great pictures of you guys and the kids! I like copying too, why reinvent the wheel?! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails