Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dinner!

Since all of you live too far away to come and hang out at our place for dinner, you may not know that one of our favorite, "oh nuts, is it really already 5 o'clock and all my meat is frozen?" dinners is actually BREAKFAST!!!

Sometimes it's breakfast burritos, sometimes pancakes, and mostly we have some sort of eggs (so I don't feel really bad about eating just carbs for dinner). These dinners have been making more frequent appearances at our place as this pregnancy has progressed.

Last night was one of those nights. I had already decided on eggs and pancakes when I received an email from Bisquick (I am signed up for a lot of those sort of things to get coupons) with the title, "How About Breakfast for Dinner Tonight?". Well, great minds think alike, eh? Dinner was very yummy (and WAY more filling than usual - I only had 2 pancakes!) so I thought I'd share the recipe with you.





PB&J Stacks

"J" Syrup
1 cup fruit jam, jelly or preserves
1 cup maple-flavored syrup
Pancakes
2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
Additional peanut butter, if desired

1. In 2-quart saucepan, heat jam and syrup over medium heat, stirring occasionally until warm.
2. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375ºF); grease with butter if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating). In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 1/2 cup peanut butter, the milk and eggs with wire whisk or fork until blended.
3. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden. Serve stacks of pancakes with additional peanut butter and syrup.
BTW - 375 on my griddle was too hot, so I kept it between 325 and 350. I also added more PB - I just eye balled it until it looked good.

1 comment:

SJacobus said...

My aunt made one that became my favorite and I guess you could call it dinner and dessert. "Waffles and Ice Cream" with syrup of course.

When are you due? Also I can't remember if I read in one of your blogs or not if it's a boy or a girl or if you even were finding out. I don't think I've congratulated you yet either. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails