Saturday, July 21, 2007

Dad's trip

Dad came up on the 4th and we did some fireworks, went to Colorado Springs (known around here as "the Springs") and had some great times!
First things first though... This is the picture my dad chose to copy and print. Let's take a vote... Eyes closed or open? I'll let YOU decide!



And on to less important things... the pictures to document our time together!
The kiddos loving each other! (As they like to put it!)
Dad didn't like this picture - tell him he's crazy! It's ADORABLE!!!

And here's a piece I like to call "How to Get Free Fireworks"


Nice huh? Ashlyn fell (I think over Dad's feet? Or that's what I'm told) and scraped herself up in the fireworks tent. She is nothing if not dramatic and I'm told she was really howling! (There was a little blood). The gal behind the counter felt so bad that she gave Ashlyn $20 worth of fireworks! (Note to self: Next year trip all of my kids, preferably to the point of visible injury. Bring neighborhood children if desired!)
And since so many of you are so far away... Were you wondering what it would be like to spend time with us on Indepence Day? Well here's your answer.


It would look pretty much like that. They kept their hands on their ears as much as humanly possible. This led to some dicey moments when it was time for the sparklers.


Garden of the Gods

And to finish off, here is Pike's Peak with the Garden of the Gods park in the foreground.


I was astounded to find that I was the only one in our little group that knew that it was the view from Pike's Peak that inspired "America the Beautiful". Tell me you knew that, right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails