Thursday, June 21, 2007

June Visiting Teaching

There is a blog that I love to read. The gal's name is Heather and just about every month she posts here visiting teaching handout for the month. And wow does she go all out!

This month her gals got a big drink container with a spigot at the bottom (like the ones you make sun tea in) filled with cups and drink mixes like Kool Aid and Crystal Light. Then she had vinyl applied that said, "A little XXXXX Family Refreshment". So cute! Well, I took a page from her book this month and, even though WalMart was out of the containers, I think I came up with something cute!
I gave them each a water bottle and attached a baggie with some "Fulfill" fitness water packets. They are packets of powder that you add to your water bottle, shake, and voila! You have a tasty drink! Then I made a quick card and inserted some thoughts from this month's message.

Here is what is inside the STRENGTH card:

(front side)
The Visiting Teaching message this month is about allowing Heavenly Father to work in our lives by standing strong and immovable. The quote that I love best from the message is by Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He says, in part, “Your quiet, uncompromising determination to live a righteous life will couple you to inspiration and power beyond your capacity now to understand… You can qualify through that divine power to be instruments in the hands of God to accomplish what you could not do alone.”
If we are living our lives in the best way we know how, He will strengthen us. He can fortify us, lift us, and help us do more than we ever thought possible. I included the water to remind you of what we all can be - pure and open to His spirit. And if we let Him into our lives we can be strengthened, more vibrant, more loving, more forgiving, more courageous and more fulfilled in every way! We hope you have a great month!
With love,
Carol and Erika
Your Visiting Teachers

(back side)
I searched the scriptures for “strength” and found some wonderful verses to accompany the message this month. I hope you have the time to read through them and be inspired!

Psalms 27:14 Zech. 10:12
Eph. 3:16 Eph. 6:11
Phil 4:13 Prov. 3:5

And Ether 12:27 - And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

I loved them! And the message this month was great don't you think? Well, Carol and I are heading out tonight to visit the last of our ladies so I'd better jet!

Hope you're enjoying the first official day of summer!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails