Friday, April 27, 2007

Mmm... green smoothie

I just have to share this. It's for all of you mommies out there with children big and small who need some more veggies!

April (a lovely gal from the Tri Cities) shared her recipe for what her boys call her "Green Slime Smoothie". It is fabulous - I mean it!

1 c. green grapes
1 small container of yogurt
1 banana
1/2 an apple (I like sweet ones for this)
1 1/2 c. baby spinach leaves (or 2 big handfuls)
1 c. of ice (leave out if you are using frozen grapes, bananas, etc.)

Place ingredients in blender. (If your having trouble mixing the items, stir things around with a spoon or add a T. or so of water.) Blend until perfectly smooth.

I buy the big pack of spinach at Costco and then divide one blender serving each into freezer bags with the apple, bananas, grapes so they are all ready to go and so my ingredients don't go bad before we can get to them.

I didn't even tell Rick what was in these before he tried a glass. I told him it was green b/c of the grapes. :) I said it was such a dark green b/c I added blueberry yogurt. He really liked it!

I hope you try these - they are so healthy and a great way to get a painless serving of veggies!

:)
Erika

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails