Friday, February 16, 2007

Guess what this is?





If you guessed that it's our Valentine's day surprise for Rick then you are correct!

What you see before you is the humble beginning to a lovely fruit pizza.....

gone terribly wrong!!!!!!

I made the dough for an activity with the Laurels (the 16-18 year-old girls that I work with at church) in which we made dinner for the missionaries in our combined wards - 6 missionaries in all! I thought that I would try a new recipe (why do I always do that instead of going with one I KNOW will work!??!!) that I found on a fun blog I read. The recipe is from the Lion House cookbook and the cookies that turned out were great - one out of the three batches burnt. I took the leftover dough and tried again at home and the results were not good! Man, that dough is touchy! There is a fine line between done and burnt to a crisp! My whole kitchen smelled nasty!

So we are trying again with one of my free Sugar Cookie pouch mixes from the last Albertson's sale tomorrow. We'll be having our Valentine's dinner this Saturday as we've been busy and apart all week. Hope your treats turned out better than mine!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails